Thursday, October 15, 2009

College Football Picks: Week 7

Pretty big weekend that is full of interesting match ups. Here we go.

20 Oklahoma vs. 3 Texas: Here is where we find out how real Texas is. Oklahoma has Bradford back but will that be enough? I think not. The biggest thing for Texas is to find more balance in their offense. I think the Longhorns take this one for the second year in a row.

7 Ohio State @ Purdue: Ohio State is always a weird team. They are arguably one of the most talent-filled teams in the nation but yet they never can quite put together a "complete season". Purdue is no pushover. Ohio State wins but this one will be closer than people would think.

11 Iowa @ Wisconsin: I'm sorry, I don't think Iowa is that good. I'm going with Wisconsin on a hunch. I think the Badgers will run the ball well and wear the Hawk eye D down. I'm going with Wisconsin by two possessions.

Arkansas @ 1 Florida: I called it. Last week I said the Razorbacks would upset Auburn and look what happened. Good job boys. But that was last week. Sorry, your not playing at home against Auburn. Your playing on the road in one of the toughest places to play ever. And your not Ole Miss so don't get too upset minded. Sorry boys, but Florida wins in a blowout.

6 USC @ 25 Notre Dame: This is a very interesting game that I am kinda on the fence about. This game features two of the better QB's in the nation in Jimmy Clausen (Notre Dame) and Matt Barkley (USC). Overall, USC is the more talented team. Both QB's have struggled with injuries this season. I'm going to go with USC. I think they keep winning until they meet the Oregon ducks in the Zoo. This one will be close, but the more talented team will pull this one out.

Minnesota @ 14 Penn State: HAPPY VALLEY

Texas Tech @ 15 Nebraska: If you don't already know, Nebraska is not an easy place to play. That being said, I prefer the Red Raiders in this one. Expect to see big numbers from both offenses.

23 Houston @ Tulane: Ha ha good luck with this one. Mark my words. Houston will not lose another regular season game this year.

Colorado State @ 12 TCU: Boise's close win over Tulsa has opened up the doors for TCU. With two ranked opponents still on the schedule the Horned Frogs have the opportunity to eventually jump Boise State in the BCS standings. TCU rolls.

4 Va Tech @ 19 Georgia Tech: Now here is game I am looking forward to. Tech's D better step it up. I think the Hokies pull this one out in a close one.

9 Miami @ UCF: Wow it is almost impossible to get tickets to this game. Guess that's what I get for being a procrastinator. UCF needs this win but I dont think they have what it takes. Their only hope is to exploit a Miami D that is honestly not that good. I could be wrong but I think the Knights are over their heads on this one.

22 South Carolina @ 2 Alabama: South Carolina is overrated. They beat Ole Miss. Big deal. Alabama blows through this one.

2 comments:

  1. Alright, I like Texas Tech too this week, but you give Purdue too much credit. Purdue is a pushover. They're the whipping post of the Big 10. I think they are getting worse by the week. Just my opinion though... They could prove all that wrong this weekend. I doubt it, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this just goes to show you, when you run your mouth just prepare to open and insert foot. Guess Purdue was a little better than I thought. Or maybe Ohio State is underachieving? I'm not sure Purdue is really any good, but way for them to show up and make me look like an idiot.

    ReplyDelete