Thursday, October 8, 2009

College Football Predictions - Week 6 8/10/09

So for pure entertainment purposes I will be picking what I see as the "marquee match ups" for the week and predict the winner. Although this is not a competition, (ha ha yeah right) I cannot stop you from comparing my results with those of my colleague James Carlton at mouthingoffsports.blogspot.com.
So here we go for week six....

Boston College @ 5 Va Tech: Now while I see the Hokies as slightly over-rated, Boston College has had one of the worst producing offenses in the nation. Combine that with solid Beamer defense and a rocking Lane Stadium and you get Va Tech winning in blowout fashion.

17 Auburn @ Arkansas: On one side we have an Auburn team that has been the exact opposite of what we are used to seeing from the tigers. With an electric offense but sloppy and often weak D the tigers roll undefeated into Arkansas for this key SEC match up. Arkansas is 0-2 in conference play but I expect the razorback offense that we saw against Georgia to return. I'm calling Arkansas in an upset.

15 OK State @ Texas A&M: It's time to see if the Cowboys can get it back on track. With one of the best offenses in the nation I believe that we will see why the cowboys were once in the top five. OK State in a blowout.

3 Alabama @ 20 Ole Miss: Side note: (Ole Miss lost one game to a good SEC team. Why are they only number 20?). Alabama is probably one of the most well rounded teams in the country. Great defense and good offense. I give this one to the Crimson Tide by one possession.

Florida A&M @ 11 Miami: The U is back. I am riding Jacorrey Harris all the way to the promise land. Miami wins in a glorified scrimmage.

22 Georgia Tech @ Florida State: SIT DOWN BOBBY!!! Ha ha FSU couldnt handle USF's offense, do you really think they can handle the triple option? No? Well I do. I think the seminoles step it up to save their coach. FSU in an upset.

1 Florida @ 4 LSU: Death Valley at night is one of those places that you really want to avoid at all costs. Florida has not had great success there and then on top of that add all of this Tim Tebow mess. Even so, as long as Urban Meyers can get his team in sync no matter who is taking the snaps, they will win this game.

1 comment:

  1. Ole Miss lost to a mediocre SEC team in South Carolina and hasn't looked that great so far this year... They have no marquee win... Nor do I see them getting one in the forseeable future... My opinion anyway...

    ReplyDelete